Some of the first images of the Bierkeller bar complex have been released giving a behind-the-scenes look at what to expect when the doors open in August.
The complex, situated on the ground floor of Stadium Plaza on Wood Street, has three bars, with a licensed capacity of 1,000: The Bierkeller; an original Bavarian-style bar, Shooters Sports Bar & Grill; and Around the World Bar; which offers the chance to sample beers from around the world.
Opening in time for the Wales v Ireland match on the 8th of August, The Bierkeller Entertainment Complex is already taking shape, with one of its main features, a 50 hectolitre copper beer tank being delivered next week.
Once complete, the 24,000 square foot space will be home to:
· 88 draught beer lines
· A 968 square foot cellar
· 53 55inch televisions
· One of a kind 5m x3m LED screen worth £49,000 – with more than eight million pixels.
The bars are still under construction and in total there has been:
· 20,000 square metres of flooring laid
· 4,500 plasterboards
· 3KM of AV cabling
· 243,360 man hours over 11 weeks
Visitors to the venue will be able to choose from 450 different drinks, handmade pizzas cooked in the two large pizza ovens, a selection of sharing platters, burgers and traditional German Bratwurst. To add to the bar’s Bavarian style, there is table service available from staff in traditional dress and an Oompah band performing on the weekends.
Zoe Field, business development manager, said: “This has been one of our biggest projects we’ve worked on. We’ve recruited around 100 jobs in all aspects of the business and hired local managers.
“There are lots of micro-breweries popping up in Cardiff which are extremely popular and we’ve already started working with the local brewers, tasting some of the best Welsh beer with the aim to add them to our menus.
“Cardiff is such a vibrant city with so much going on. We’re in a brilliant location, with the new BBC headquarters coming opposite us and with the Millennium Stadium right next door, the atmosphere on any match day will be epic.
“Launching on the first warm up game for Wales will be the icing on the cake and showcase what we’re all about, great food, great beer and an amazing atmosphere. We’re really looking forward to bringing the Bierkeller experience to Wales.”
The venue will be open on 8th August 2015 ahead of the first warm up match against Ireland. For further information please visit thebierkeller.com or check out Cardiff Bierkeller on Facebook.
· The Bierkeller offers a number of party packages with a choice of cocktails, beers or spirits. Additionally, there are table top kegs (five gallons of beer for the table to share).
· Shooters Sports Bar & Grill will show all the latest sporting fixtures and offer an American style menu including nachos, chicken wings and burgers.
· In the Around The World Bar you will be able to choose from a selection of beer from across the globe stamping off your beer passport, without leaving your chair.
The Burning Night Group already has three other locations across the UK in Liverpool, Manchester and Leeds, with further plans to expand potentially in Nottingham.