If you are a Senior QS, tired of working in a corporate office environment and would like a clear career path to Associate Director and above, our client with offices in Hertfordshire & London has a requirement for a strong Senior Quantity Surveyor to join the team.
You will be based in Hertfordshire with some travel to London and Europe for specific projects. The role could also suit someone who wishes to move out of London / avoid the commute and be closer to home.
Our client works across the high end residential and luxury retail sectors for provate clients as thier main focus but also commercial office and more.
- Ensure projects are delivered to clients within the timescales and to the quality expected.
- Required to take responsibility for client management and relations.
- A Group Director
· Prepare Cost Plans and Feasibility Studies including carrying out research where instructed to obtain specialist sub-contract and supplier cost information
· Prepare tender documentation for varying types of construction procurement routes.
· Advise clients on the appropriate form of Construction Contract
· Prepare Cashflow Forecasts and Capital Commitment Schedules (spreadsheet which captures all costs of the project not just construction costs)
· Run the tender analysis process following tender returns including drafting tender reports
· Prepare Contract Documents and/or Letters of Intent
· Attend Design Team and Site Progress Meetings
· Prepare interim monthly valuations of work undertaken by appointed Building Contractor during Construction Phase of projects
· Prepare Monthly Cost Reports and Final Accounts during Construction Phase of projects
· Prepare VAT analysis for Construction Projects.
- Based in the Hertford office but would also need to be prepared to travel to the London office (on occasions). There will be some travel to Europe for project and client meetings and reports.
- Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5.30pm but these hours are adjusted to suit the requirements of the projects.
Education and Other Qualifications
- Professionally qualified, ideally RICS.
- Good numeracy, literacy and language skills (in English).
- Good IT skills with experience in Microsoft Excel.
- Good report writing skills.
- A proven track record of managing own successful projects in the construction industry, with experience predominantly in the UK and/or Europe.
- Knowledge of second European language an advantage but not essential.
- Experience in Retail and High End Residential sectors
- Project Management or Contract Admin experience would also be useful but not essential
- Team management experience.
- Excellent client facing skills.
Job Reference: LA886927
Salary: £60000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP