Beach Baker is pleased to be working with a charitable organisation based in South Devon to recruit a Buildings & Facilities Manager who will be responsible for the maintenance and management of commercial, agricultural and residential properties (some of which are listed) across a large 1200 acre estate.
Reporting to the Development Director, this person will lead the maintenance team and be responsible for all building and construction matters across the estate’s property portfolio.
Key responsibilities will include:
- To manage the project managers on various projects as they come forward including refurbishment projects.
- Leading on delivering reactive, preventative & planned maintenance and business support.
- Set up and manage a comprehensive repairs and renewal program across the estate
- Lead the team across the portfolio to deliver a program of necessary building maintenance, house refurbishments and small building works. Inspire the team to deliver excellent customer service at all times, and manage the projects to be effective for costs and resources.
- Leading on some small and medium sized projects, working with both internal and contractors.
- Leading work to ensure security, fire, finance, environmental, health and safety compliance.
- Undertake energy and utility management including the water system and electrical systems.
- Accountable for the running of all aspects of facilities management across the estate.
- Take a lead in looking to reduce our environmental footprint with a reduction in energy consumption, managing renewable installations, exploring and delivering further energy saving opportunities.
The ideal candidate for this role will be an experienced Facilities Manager with a technical or construction background. Prior experience in managing historic buildings on a rural estate would be an advantage. You will also need to be an experienced leader, ensuring that the team deliver services in the most efficient and effective manner.
Job Reference: NR/886566
Salary: £37000 - £42500 per annum + Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: