Beach Baker has received instruction on behalf of a leading independent Planning and Design consultancy to source for an experienced HR Adviser to join the established team based in their Reading offices. The business offers a generous salary, profit share and an attractive benefits package for the successful candidate.
The role of the HR Adviser is to provide a business partnering approach, working closely with Team Leaders (Partners and Directors) in their designated offices and to coordinate recruitment and other people processes for teams as required. Experience working in a professional services or Partnership environment who is confident, articulate and comfortable providing both a proactive and reactive advisory service to managers as required, including recruitment, reward, people related matters and processes and employee relations.
Current projects include:
On-going engagement and consultation with staff and Managers (including annual staff survey); reviewing employer brand and recruitment strategy, a focus upon learning and development, providing support, guidance and coaching for Managers and ensuring the business remains up to date with current employment law, legislation and best practice.
- Educated to degree level and either fully or part CIPD qualified and is committed to their ongoing professional development.
- Proven experience performing an Advisory role in a fast paced professional services or Partnership environment.
- Experienced generalist HR Adviser who is comfortable and confident advising and coaching managers on complex employee relations issues including disciplinary and grievance cases, sickness management, performance management and handling investigations.
- An up to date knowledge of employment law and its applicability.
- Have experience of working with Managers or L&D professionals to identify and support staff development opportunities, and experience of/an interest in the design and delivery of Learning and Development initiatives and workshops.
- Excellent attention to detail, communication and interpersonal skills, ability to influence.
- Able to build strong credible relationships quickly across a Practice at varying levels.
- Proactive as well as reactive, and able to work on your own initiative.
- A strong team player and be flexible in supporting others in the team as necessary.
The role requires someone looking to work a minimum of three days per week although the exact working days are open to discussion. Whilst the team is based in the Reading office, an element of travel will be required to visit designated offices as required.
Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence by Jon Jay. Please call our Bristol office on 0117 925 6401 or alternatively email your CV directly to [email protected] and for many more property jobs please visit our website www.beachbaker.co.uk We aim to get back to all applications, however; if you have not received a response within 7 working days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful this time round. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.
Job Reference: 885435
Salary: £32000 - £34000 per annum + Profit share, car allowance, pension.
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP