Are you an MRICS Quantity Surveyor who would like to form part of an expanding and well-known firm? Do you want to play an integral role within a dedicated team (who have a full order book for the rest of 2018/19), working on projects with universities, offices, hotels and airports?
A prestigious firm has instructed Beach Baker to recruit an MRICS Quantity Surveyor for their Bristol office. The successful candidate will aid in providing excellent service delivery, achieved through innovation and thus providing successful client outcomes. The candidate will be based within a grade-A office, working in an enthusiastic team of 15 other quantity surveyors.
The candidate must have:
- BSc in quantity surveying (or equivalent)
- Chartered (MRICS) with 1-5 years’ post-qualification experience
- Both pre and post-contract experience
- Be client-facing with excellent communication skills and commercial acumen
- Organised, personable, diligent and proactive
- Able to work both autonomously and in a team
The firm is a leading national consultancy, who have an outstanding reputation.
The role will include some of the following duties:
- Feasibility studies and writing procurement reports
- Applying value management techniques at the outset of a project
- Managing estimating and cost planning activities, to include taking ownership of and presenting the final cost plan
- Managing the procurement process, ensuring the effective performance of all stages
- Ensuring that cost checking and valuation work is managed effectively
- Ensuring correct production of monthly post-contract cost reports and presenting them to the client
- Value engineering and lifecycle costing
- Ensuring that final accounts are negotiated and agreed
- Taking a lead role in interfacing with the client and other consultants at all project stages
- There will also be opportunities to manage a team and/or junior staff.
The company offer a generous package and benefits and also have excellent career progression opportunities.
More information about the role and salary will be disclosed upon acceptance of a suitable CV, which can be emailed to [email protected].
Job Reference: MC887469
Salary: £45000 - £55000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: