Beach Baker are working with a leading, global property consultancy who have been retained by a major client within the Oil & Gas Sector to provide PMO (Programme Management Office) Services on a several year contract. This work will be delivered through a small team embedded in the client and based in Surrey. The team will undertake planning and feasibility activity as well as an approval process for the client.
The property consultancy is looking to appoint a Senior Cost Manager to act as number two to the PMO Lead, while being supported by an account coordinator. The SCM / Commercial Manager will be responsible for all cost and contract issues on the account.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone at intermediate level to step up into a SCM role and would also interest those looking to move away from general QS work and into a commercial management position for a renowned firm.
Experience / Education Required:
- Previous Programme Management Office experience would be preferred
- Qualified Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS and/or a minimum 5 years of relevant quantity surveying industry experience.
- Graduate degree in a sector related subject.
- Experience of Oil/Gas sector would be an advantage but not essential
- Articulate, professional person.
- Excellent client relationship, communication and facilitation skills.
- Intermediate to advanced level in Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, confident and experienced in dealing with people of all levels.
- A team player that interacts effectively with colleagues and clients.
- Strong analytical and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload with an attention to detail and willingness to complete projects.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision when necessary.
- Proactive and positive attitude with a calm and methodical approach to work.
- Ability to learn new tasks, systems and skills quickly.
- A ‘can do’ attitude.
Job Reference: LA886437
Salary: £50000 - £60000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: