A public sector organisation with a considerable property portfolio has instructed Beach Baker to recruit a senior level RICS qualified development surveyor to lead a dedicated development and asset management team based in Plymouth.
This leading development and regeneration in house team are seeking to expand its operation across major mixed use schemes via joint ventures and innovative funding arrangements. They operate across a number of asset classes through an extensive investment and operational property portfolio and joint venture agenda.
As a team they focus on a range of development and asset management including city centre regeneration, restoring heritage, brownfield renewal and partnering industry and have developed an unrivalled track record of working in partnership with other public/private sector organisations. We are now looking to recruit a senior development manager to help deliver commercial and mixed use development schemes comprising either sole or joint venture ownership across the city region and beyond.
Leading a development team you will:
* Oversee development projects from conception through to construction and possible sale/or retention for income reasons.
* Manage teams of professionals who oversee projects to cost, time and quality standards.
* Assess and manage financial risk for each project.
* Have client side experience, or high level public sector consultancy experience of large complex development projects ideally with a strong understanding of public sector and large institutions.
* Have experience of negotiating legal agreements with both landowners and occupiers.
* Be capable of leading and managing teams of professionals.
* Be commercially astute, be able to demonstrate initiative and possess drive and enthusiasm.
* Need to be a degree holder, ideally MRICS (or similar professional qualification) with a minimum
of 10 years PQE in development activities either for an agent or client-side but with exposure to public sector partners.
Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence by Rupert Stuart-Baker. Please call our Bristol office on 0117 925 6401, or alternatively email your CV directly to [email protected] and for many more property jobs please visit our website www.beachbaker.co.uk
Job Reference: RSB/887430
Salary: £55000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: