National fit out and refurbishment specialist Overbury, which has offices in London, Birmingham, Bracknell, Glasgow, Leeds and Manchester, has contributed to preliminary results for the year ended 31 December 2019 released yesterday (20 February 2020), by parent company Morgan Sindall Group plc, the construction and regeneration group.
Morgan Sindall Group plc delivered strong profit growth in 2019, with adjusted operating profit up 11% to £90.4m on revenue of £3,071m, up 3%. In addition, the Group’s balance sheet remains strong, with average daily net cash in the year increasing to £109m and year end net cash of £193m. With its secured workload up 14% to £7.6bn, the Group is well-positioned for future growth and another good year of progress is expected in 2020.
“Our reputation for high quality fit out, exceptional service delivery and our committed order book has led to a strong year for us,” said Chris Booth, managing director of Overbury.
“Our strength in the London market, as well as our national presence, enabled us to maintain a strong performance throughout the year. We’re proud to have contributed to the Group’s results for 2019.”
Key projects for Overbury in 2019 include:
- Appointed as a supplier for the new Pagabo National Framework for Refit & Refurbishment Solutions for projects in England and Scotland.
- Work began on the c. 250,000 sq ft fit out across six floors for Royal Bank of Canada at 100 Bishopsgate, London.
- Completed the fit out of Odeon Cinemas new office in Manchester, at circa 26,000 sq ft, and the Odeon Cinemas office in London, circa 11,000 sq ft.
- Completed the c. 80,000 sq ft design and fit out of the Grade II* listed building Centenary House for Cummins Inc, a global power technology leader, in Darlington.
- Completion of a 10,500 sq ft office fit out for global engineering and design consultancy Arup at The Plaza, 100 Old Hall Street in Liverpool.
- Completed the fit out of office space and specialist broadcast areas for BBC Cymru Wales’ new headquarters in Central Square, Cardiff. The c. 155,000 sq ft broadcast centre is one of the largest office developments in Wales and the highest BREEAM post-construction rated media sector office building in Wales.
- Completed the UK headquarters for global flooring manufacturer Interface in Birmingham a c. 7,000 sq ft Cat B fit out, as well as updating their London showroom and EMEA Design Centre in Halifax.
- Completed the c.12,200 sq ft fit out for law firm Eversheds Sutherland 50/60 Station Road in Cambridge’s city centre.
- Completed the c. 17,000 sq ft refurbishment of the University of Birmingham’s IBR West building, including laboratory, office and meeting space for the medical school, at the Edgbaston campus.
- Completed the c. 22,000 sq ft fit out of the new flagship Microsoft Store in London within a Grade II Listed building at Oxford Circus.
- Completed the c. 11,000 sq ft fit out of the new Members’ Brasserie at The All England Lawn Tennis Club (AELTC) in Wimbledon in time for The Championships 2019.
- Completed the fit out of the new c. 120,000 sq ft Virgin Media Head Office in Green Park, Reading allowing Virgin Media to bring together staff from their offices in Hook, Langley and Winnersh.