Edinburgh St James has announced the signing of 12 retailers and three F&B brands as the countdown begins to the launch of phase one of the £1bn mixed-use development this October. The 15 brands total almost 66,000 sq ft and comprise H&M, Mango, & Other Stories, Russell & Bromley, Miele Experience Centre, JD Sports, Goldsmiths, Breitling, Omega, Pandora, Hotel Chocolat, Sunglass Hut, Five Guys, @pizza and Yo! To Go. All 15 will open in the first phase of Edinburgh St James.
- A 27,000 sq ft store across two floors for H&M, significantly bolstering Edinburgh St James’ position as a new fashion hub in the city
- Opposite Zara, Mango is to open a 5,000 sq ft store, its first outside London to stock its full ranges for women, men and children, and only its second store in Scotland
- H&M Group fashion brand, & Other Stories, is making its Scottish debut with a 5,900 sq ft store next to Zara
- Luxury British footwear and handbag retailer, Russell & Bromley is to open a 2,500 sq ft store in a central position on level three
- Miele has chosen Edinburgh St James for its first Experience Centre in Scotland. Situated at the entrance from Multrees Walk on level two, the 3,400 sq ft store will showcase the brand’s cooking, cooling and laundry products. Customers will also be able to book onto Miele’s Taste for Design courses that focus on the brand’s kitchen appliances
- Next to Mango, JD Sports has signed for an 11,000 sq ft store, a significant upsize on its existing presence in the city, reflecting the brand’s momentum amongst fashion-conscious consumers
- Goldsmiths is opening a 1,700 sq ft store on level two
- Immediately next door, Goldsmiths is creating a 1,700 sq ft dedicated co-branded Breitling and Omega boutique
- Also on level two, which is now 98% committed, international Danish jewellery manufacturer and retailer, Pandora, Hotel Chocolat, and Sunglass Hut, part of the Italian-based Luxottica Group, the world’s largest eyewear company, are opening 1,400 sq ft, 870 sq ft and 800 sq ft stores respectively
- Five Guys, with a 2,200 sq ft restaurant, its second in the city centre
- @pizza, the Edinburgh-based brand whose offer centres around an open kitchen and counter service where customers can choose from a total of 64,000 possible topping combinations, has committed to its second in the city, with a 1,800 sq ft restaurant
- Completing the trio of operators is Yo!, which is introducing its new Yo! To Go concept to Scotland with a 1,500 sq ft express format restaurant
The three F&B brands will be situated in Edinburgh St James’ grab and go destination on level one, Leith Street Eats. The F&B announcement also follows recent news that cocktail bar and restaurant, The Alchemist, is to make its Scottish debut on level four of Edinburgh St James.
Chris Pyne, Leasing Director at Edinburgh St James, commented: “These latest 15 signings underline our vision for Edinburgh St James which is to bring greater choice to both the residents of and visitors to Edinburgh. Our vision is to secure brands new to the city and Scotland, and significantly larger stores showcasing the most comprehensive product ranges available, within the very best of retail design and innovation.”
Andrew Bromley, Russell & Bromley CEO, added: “Edinburgh St James represents the future of retail in Edinburgh, combining a unique blend of experiences with the character and appeal of one of the leading cities in Europe. We are delighted to have secured this space for a new Russell & Bromley store in Scotland in this exciting and highly relevant development.”
The new brands join Zara, Bershka, Pull & Bear, Stradivarius, Next, Boots, O2, Superdrug, Three, The Perfume Shop and Halifax Bank of Scotland. In addition, John Lewis is undertaking refurbishment of its existing Leith Street store, in readiness to launch as an Edinburgh St James anchor at the October opening.
P-THREE, CWM and Culverwell are the retail leasing agents for Edinburgh St James. Culverwell and Bruce Gillingham Pollard are the leisure letting agents.