National fit out and refurbishment specialist Overbury, which has offices in London, Birmingham, Bracknell, Glasgow, Leeds and Manchester, has contributed to half year results released by parent company Morgan Sindall Group plc, the construction and regeneration group.
Morgan Sindall Group has delivered strong profit growth in the first half of this year with adjusted operating profit up 18% to £37.5m (HY 2018: £31.9m) on revenue of £1,421m (HY 2018: £1,423m). The Group reports a secured order book of £4.2bn, up 19% from the year end, with the regeneration and development pipeline now £3.3bn, up 6% from the year end position. With adjusted earnings per share up 15% for the period to 64.2p (HY 2018: 55.6p), and interim dividend up 11% to 21.0p (HY 2018: 19.0p), the Group is confident of a strong performance for the second half of 2019.
“Our reputation for high quality fit out, exceptional service delivery and our committed order book has given us a strong first half,” says Chris Booth, managing director of Overbury.
“Our strength in the London market as well as our national presence has enabled us to maintain a strong performance to date. We’re proud to have contributed to the Group’s results for the first half of 2019.”
Key projects for Overbury in the first half of 2019 include:
- Appointed as a supplier for the new Pagabo National Framework for Refit & Refurbishment Solutions for projects in England and Scotland.
- Completed the fit out of Odeon Cinemas new office in Manchester, at circa 26,000 sq ft, and the Odeon Cinemas office in London, circa 11,000 sq ft.
- Completion of the first fit out phase of office space and specialist broadcast areas for BBC Cymru Wales’ new headquarters in Central Square, Cardiff. The circa 155,000 sq ft broadcast centre is one of the largest office developments in Wales.
- Completed the UK headquarters for global flooring manufacturer Interface in Birmingham, The Greenhouse, a circa 8,000 sq ft Cat B fit out, as well as updating their London Collaboration Centre and Interface’s EMEA Design Centre, The Mill at Dean Clough.
- The Alzheimer’s Society has appointed Overbury to design and fit out a new 7,250 sq ft office space and Dementia Connect facility in Edgbaston, Birmingham. The design has been influenced by people affected by dementia, as well as academics from the University of Stirling, who were consulted as part of specially convened focus groups.
- Completed the circa 22,000 sq ft fit out of the new flagship Microsoft Store in London within a Grade II Listed building at Oxford Circus, an experience-driven retail destination not just for consumers but also for educators, small businesses and enterprise customers.
- Completed the two-year, multi-phased fit out works at Kings College London’s Strand Campus across more than 220,000 sq ft, including lecture theatres, student spaces, teaching rooms and an auditorium
- Won the project to fit out the new 120,000 sq ft Virgin Media Head Office in Green Park, Reading allowing Virgin Media to bring together staff from their offices in Hook, Langley and Winnersh. The project is due to complete in Q4 2019.